Old 29-11-2009, 10:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Can somebody explain?

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"'Mike'" wrote
Daylight. Nice and sunny. OK?

One would expect that the 'gardeners' of the site would be gardening, but
no, they are on uk.rec.gardening. Tons and tons of traffic and 'personal'
emails going backwards and forwards. ..... OK?

No chance to get on our soil now, it's too wet and trying to work it will
compact it so it would take a couple of years to get back to friable. Need
a few weeks of sun and wind to dry it out first.
Not being a gardener yourself you probably don't understand that you have
to know your soil and work it accordingly. It's why some questions here
get differing answers from different areas of the country.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Bob this was a general observation over quite some time, not a recent
observation for which I must apologise as I didn't make that clear.

It 'appears' that even when the soil is suitable to be worked on, ie 'Her
outdoors 'IS' outdoors', there is plenty of chit chat going on here, whereas
with gales and floods sweeping the country over the last few days or so,
uk.rec.gardening has been very VERY quiet. Not even the 'public' emails and
chit chat chin wagging on non gardening subjects as some seem to love to do.

Hope that explains

--
Mike

www.rneba.org.uk