Old 29-11-2009, 04:48 PM posted to rec.gardens
Cheryl Isaak Cheryl Isaak is offline

Default Is it just

On 11/28/09 6:00 AM, in article ,
"Gardenjunkie" wrote:

Is it just me getting old or is Christmas getting earlier evey year.

And are Garden Centres now just retail outlets for seasonal goodies?

Every year shops display their Christmas wears for all to see earlier
and earlier. They put up their decorations, it seems like just after
Easter.

Go to a Garden Center for something to do with gardening and what do
you find. Millions of Christmas trees, no roots so you can't plant
them, rows of shelves full of Christmas decorations, stacks of tacky so
called Christmas presents.

But not a seed tray, pot or compost in sight.

And to top it all, piped Christmas carols and hymns, you know the ones
you really hate but are humming to youeself days after.
Aggggggghhhh!!!

Yup, I think its just me - getting old and sad.

All the best
Gardenjunkie

Yes to all of the above.