Old 29-11-2009, 05:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default rain rain go away...

On 2009-11-29 16:48:36 +0000, "Bob Hobden" said:

"Sacha" wrote in message
Days and days of it with a few clear spells in between, are making it
hard to get planting a newly dug out and turned over flower bed. It's
becoming very boring to see this dire weather all the time and last
night, we had yet another horrible gale that went on for hours.
However, I've been told that the choice of what goes into this bed is
mine entirely (I'll believe that when I see it!) and so I'm able to
enjoy a bit of dream-gardening, at least. So far, I'm thinking of
Dahlia Engelhardt's Matador, Thalicturm delavayi Hewitt's Double
(lots), Nepeta, Phlox White Admiral, Iris chrysographes, Nerines,
Dianthus Old Mother Hubbard, Diascia personata, Salvia involucrata and
as Ray says when I list that lot to him - a rather bigger border
altogether! ;-) As an experiment - because it might not live - I'd
like to try Thunbergia gregorii up the wall. It goes mad at Coleton
Fishacre but they're so close to the sea that it suffers little in
winter. And because it will be outside bedroom windows and the office
window, I'd also like to try a couple of Lonicera for height and scent.
As I say - one can but dream!

Don't forget the spring/summer bulbs

Yes, I would like to put tulips in and some lilies, too but even in my
imagination, I'm running out of room!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com