Old 30-11-2009, 02:17 AM posted to rec.gardens
csd csd is offline

Default Is it just

I was kind-of hacked off when I was told that the little trees
(junipers--for that matter, most of these things need labels)
could not be planted outside. * So what is the point of getting a
living tree if that is the case?
--
Jean B.

The garden centers keep perpetuating this myth that junipers can be
grown indoors. Bonsai wannabes purchase them by the thousands, then
when the tree dies, they think they can't grow bonsai. Meanwhile, the
wholesalers are raking in the money & the garden center employees
don't know the difference. I assure you, junipers cannot be grown
indoors, except under very specialized conditions for a limited amount
of time.
Iris