Old 30-11-2009, 04:55 AM
uriel13 uriel13 is offline
Registered User

Hi Chris,
There are no hard and fast rules when it comes to how deep you plant, it is all down to what works best for you. Some plant their cloves as they would their onions just under the surface. Others will plant them 2 inches deep to the root end regardless of the clove size.

At the end of the day cultivation is not an exact science, it requires your personal observation. This is the joy of cultivating the soil, getting to know how Mother Nature weaves her spell on your plot. She is teasing you to see if you are intelligent enough to understand how it all works in your part of the world.

I Plant my cloves 1inch deep to the top of the clove because cloves are not uniform in size.

You get small ones and big ones, small ones planted too deep may not have the energy reserves to make it to the surface.

I hope that this post has been of some help to you.

Uriel