Old 30-11-2009, 10:31 AM
traveler123 traveler123 is offline
Registered User

Location: Durham UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardenjunkie View Post
Is it just me getting old or is Christmas getting earlier evey year.

And are Garden Centres now just retail outlets for seasonal goodies?

Every year shops display their Christmas wears for all to see earlier and earlier. They put up their decorations, it seems like just after Easter.

Go to a Garden Center for something to do with gardening and what do you find. Millions of Christmas trees, no roots so you can't plant them, rows of shelves full of Christmas decorations, stacks of tacky so called Christmas presents.

But not a seed tray, pot or compost in sight.

And to top it all, piped Christmas carols and hymns, you know the ones you really hate but are humming to youeself days after. Aggggggghhhh!!!

Yup, I think its just me - getting old and sad.

All the best
Gardenjunkie
Your absolutely right. Christmas is getting eralier every year. I am based in the UK and at this very moment it has just begun to snow. I have so much gardening I need to do this week and I wont be able to get any of it done if this snow lies. Your right though. Its the 1st of December tomorrow but everywhere I go now all I see is Christmas decorations and all I hear is Christmas music. Im starting to get into the Christmas spirit now.