Old 30-11-2009, 10:53 AM
traveler123 traveler123 is offline
Registered User

Location: Durham UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilliams View Post
Hello. Four years ago I planted a christmas tree in the garden. At the time it was 6ft tall, it has now reached around 12ft.

If I cut the top six feet off the tree, will it recover?

Many thanks
You are better off moving the tree altogether from its current location. Cutting 6 feet from a christmas tree will seriously harm the long term growth of the tree. If you dig deep enough around the tree you will be able to transplant the tree with roots in tact and move it too a more suitable location. Do you buy a new Christmas tree every year and plant them outside?