Old 30-11-2009, 01:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ragnar Ragnar is offline

Default Infra-red camera

"Sacha" wrote in message
I'd quite like to get a camera that will record the garden at night. I'd
love to see what comes and goes in the hours of darkness. Can anyone
recommend one that isn't silly money but does a reasonably good 'hobby'
job?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

I have no knowledge of IR so I googled and found this
http://www.hoagieshouse.com/IR/

It seems that an ordinary webcam will detect IR quite well but has a filter
built-in to stop the IR messing up the image. Remove the filter and you
have an IR camera! Of course it's a bit more complicated than I make it
sound.

It obviously won't be as good as a dedicated IR camera but hey . . .

R.