Old 30-11-2009, 05:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Problem with Deteriating Lawn

On 2009-11-30 17:19:08 +0000, diamonds said:

I have a lawn about 70 sq. yds and at present it is not in good
condition.
Several Readings give a Ph of 7.5 to 8.0 and I understand that a PH
of about 6.5 is desirable!
May I ask if anyone has any ideas in order to rectify this situation?
Ideas as to what to apply and when would be most welcome
I have top dressed it after spicking it for the last 2-years, and I
am wondering if this has thrown the Ph out of balance.
Thanks,
Reg Sweetmore

I am absolutely not a lawn expert but it will help others who are, if
you tell us what the lawn looks like and what it's suffering from. Do
you see worms or wormcasts, for example? Is it under a heavy tree
canopy? Does it drain quite well, or does it have water lying on it in
winter etc.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com