Old 30-11-2009, 08:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
hugh hugh is offline

Default Problem with Deteriating Lawn

In message
,
diamonds writes
On 2009-11-30 17:19:08 +0000, diamonds said:

I have a lawn about 70 sq. yds and at present it is not in good
condition.
Several Readings give a *Ph of 7.5 to 8.0 *and I understand that a PH
of about 6.5 is desirable!
May I ask if anyone has any ideas in order to rectify this situation?
Ideas as to what to apply and when would be most welcome
I have top dressed it after spicking it for the last 2-years, and *I
am wondering if this has thrown the Ph out of balance.
Thanks,
Reg Sweetmore

I am absolutely not a lawn expert but it will help others who are, if
you tell us what the lawn looks like and what it's suffering from. *Do
you see worms or wormcasts, for example? Is it under a heavy tree
canopy? *Does it drain quite well, or does it have water lying on it in
winter etc.
--
Sachawww.hillhousenursery.com
Shrubs & perennials. Tender & exotics.

The Lawn is a bit weedy, no overhanging trees, quite a few
wormcasts,drains quite well with no lying water.
Looks a bit tatty and I think the PH needs lowering to bring it to
6.5.
Thank you for your comments.

I take it you haven't heard of Google
Http://www.lawnexperts.co.uk/AdjustingYourSoilsPH.html