Old 01-12-2009, 11:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Donwill[_2_] Donwill[_2_] is offline

Default Frost

Sacha wrote:
We had quite a pretty white lawn this morning! No damage was done
that I'm aware of but it was very cold. Cloud cover now so we have to
hope it stays that way from the garden pov. 'They' were saying that
it's possible it went down to -6C in places. I hope Cornwall
didn't/doesn't have a repeat performance of last year's weather
behaviour, though it's probably a bit early to know yet!

Air temperature went down to -3.5deg C here in Oswestry, N Shropshire,
but we are on a bit of a hill so would probably be colder further down.
The lean-to conservatory had it's first real temperature test last
night, temp only went down to 7 deg C. Plants are happy, fuel bills
reduced :-)

Don