Old 01-12-2009, 02:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete Stockdale Pete Stockdale is offline

Default Frost

"Phil Gurr" wrote in message
o.uk...

-8.6C here in the Kyle of Sutherland and still a good cover of snow lying
this morning. Not the first hard frost that we have had this year, already
a couple of nights down to -6C but the heating went on in the greenhouse
for the first time this winter. A different world up here!

Polar bears to worry about as well no doubt (-

No respite in the summer IIRC - those bloomin midges and the interminal
mists !
Inspite of all these, I have many happy holiday memories of Arnamurchan.

My usage style down here does not require greenhouse heating.

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com