Old 01-12-2009, 03:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Frost

On 2009-12-01 12:16:16 +0000, Aries said:

On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 11:49:27 +0000, Aries wrote:

On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 10:47:17 +0000, Sacha wrote:

We had quite a pretty white lawn this morning! No damage was done that
I'm aware of but it was very cold. Cloud cover now so we have to hope
it stays that way from the garden pov. 'They' were saying that it's
possible it went down to -6C in places. I hope Cornwall didn't/doesn't
have a repeat performance of last year's weather behaviour, though it's
probably a bit early to know yet!

Believe it or not, even after the frost we had here last night, when I went
outside one of the strawberry plants from last Summer was in full flower !
I'll post a piccie later.

here it is - one flowering strawberry plant amongst others planted around
the base of a Camellia shrub.

http://www.copelands.plus.com/wot%20frost.jpg

Oh bless it - brave little thing. ;-) We've had some violets out
here and there and it's a lovely surprise to find them. I'm nursing a
wretched cold atm and haven't been out hunting for them today but Ray
said it was 0C when he went out in the car mid-morning.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com