Old 01-12-2009, 04:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Frost

On 2009-12-01 16:23:14 +0000, "Dave Liquorice"
said:

On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 15:28:40 +0000, Sacha wrote:

-8.6C here in the Kyle of Sutherland and still a good cover of

snow
lying this morning.

Good heavens, I'll say it's different you hardy soul! It sounds
absolutely perishing.

-8 is cold but not perishing. -4.6C last night, the little snow we
had on Sunday night is still about in sheltered spots. The fell tops
are well white, the snow line is a few hundred feet higher than us.

Todays max 1.4C bright and crisp lovely. Wind now picking up F5 so
the wind chill is between -10 and -15C, wondering what the
precipitation coming in from the west will be? It'll arrive in about
an hour.

It's perishing to a softie southerner like me, I can tell you! I lived
most of my life in a place that saw frost about once every five years.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com