Old 01-12-2009, 11:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Problem with Deteriating Lawn

On 2009-12-01 21:31:21 +0000, "mark" said:

"hugh" ] wrote in message
In message
--
Sachawww.hillhousenursery.com
Shrubs & perennials. Tender & exotics.

The Lawn is a bit weedy, no overhanging trees, quite a few
wormcasts,drains quite well with no lying water.
Looks a bit tatty and I think the PH needs lowering to bring it to
6.5.
Thank you for your comments.

I take it you haven't heard of Google
Http://www.lawnexperts.co.uk/AdjustingYourSoilsPH.html

With that attitude we might as well abandon this ng if 'Google it' becomes
the standard reply.

mark

The whole point of urg is personal experience as well as expertise,
people learning from scratch and people posting who've gardened for
years. We have nurserymen posting here; we have gardeners who have
made gardens all over UK and in some cases, other parts of the world;
we have young people starting out with a young family in their first
garden; we have older people having to give up a particular way of
gardening to accommodate old age or back problems etc.; we have people
who have allotments and people who grow no food at all. We have people
with no more than a balcony or a window box, or even a window sill.
We have *everything* here and it's an extremely valuable resource. Of
course Googling is useful but absolutely nothing beats, or even equals,
the accumulated, personal knowledge that is accessible here. And it
costs nothing. All that expertise, experience,
learning-through-mistakes, is free. Nothing equals it, IMO.