Old 18-04-2003, 12:44 AM
Moontanman

Default 90 days without a biofilter

What about mechanical filtration? You don't have any? What happens to all
the debris from plants, food, etc.?

Most of it accumilates on the bottom as detritus which is eaten by the clams,
the ghost shrimp, the dwarf crayfish, and the MTS snails When I do a water
change I siphon up some of the detritus so it never accumilates beyond a
certian point.

Moon
remove nospam from e-mail to send to me, I grow trees in aquariums like bonsai.
I breed dwarf crayfish, great for planted community tanks. If you can get me a
shovelnose sturgeon fingerling (Scaphirhynchus platorynchus) no wild caught
please, contact me