Old 02-12-2009, 09:25 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Chip[_2_] Chip[_2_] is offline

Default Across the pond

Galen Hekhuis wrote:
I made it across the pond and up the north bank to this view of the
pond beyond the pond:

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x...s/IMGP0991.jpg

I "gardened" the overhanging branches until I could clear away enough
growth to get close.

Looking at your pictures reminds me of my college days. We went to the
U of Florida in Gainesville. A good friend was a townie living with her
single mother. They had a huge backyard that had not seen a lawn mower
in about 20 years. We all thought that a good x-mas present would be to
clean up the yard for them. About 10 of us spent 3 days trying to tame
that jungle. Many of the animals and reptiles that lived back there got
really mad at us. Finally we called a truce and let the back 1/2 stay
the way it was. The people could sit and recreate near the house, but
nobody ever ventured out to the back line.

Chip