Old 18-04-2003, 12:56 AM
Moontanman

Default Water change but Add Nitrate?

Right, but the thing is, if the tank has the right organisms in it, they
consume
a lot of the DOCs (filter shrimp, snails, etc...). The more diverse the tank
is,
the less maintenance it needs.

Yes, that is my thinking too. I use as diverse population as possible. Ghost
shrimp, dwarf crayfish, clams, and MTS snails. At partial water change time I
siphon up som eof the detritus so it never accumilates beyound what i thing
looks natural.

Moon
remove nospam from e-mail to send to me, I grow trees in aquariums like bonsai.
I breed dwarf crayfish, great for planted community tanks. If you can get me a
shovelnose sturgeon fingerling (Scaphirhynchus platorynchus) no wild caught
please, contact me