Old 03-12-2009, 04:03 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default potato question

On Wed, 2 Dec 2009 21:27:41 +0000, Gardenjunkie
wrote:

Frank;870907 Wrote:
I missed a few potatoes when I harvested them a few months ago and
what I missed now are of size (foliage-wise) to indicate there may be
new potatoes now available. Problem is that they have not bloomed yet
(perhaps because of shortened days). Frost will be here very soon.
What should I do? Always assumed that harvest time was after blooming.
Frank
middle Georgia

Hi Frank.
Its always worth looking to see if any potatoes have grown. Vegetable
plants do wonderous things if left to their own devices.
You might be surprised.
Gardenjunkie
S. E. England

I grew potatoes this year. Not worth the effort and I will pick
something else to fill the space next year.. Potatoes are $2 for 10
pounds.