Old 03-12-2009, 04:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°¹ ®óñ©  ©  ²°¹°-°¹ is offline

Default Pergola repairs?

On Thu, 3 Dec 2009 15:59:46 -0000, Charlie Pridham
wrote:

One of the Casualties of the strong winds has been our 30' pergola, this
is the second time the 4" tanalised uprights have snapped in strong wind
and I have concluded its just not strong enough!
I have reluctantly decided to build the pillars up in brick but before
I order bricks wondered if any Urglers have used any other method to
create the uprights?
I didn't know for instance whether there are any square section products
like the things you build chimneys out of but in something a bit more
decorative than rough concrete, looking to end up with something around a
foot square

I would have thought a red-brick square pillar could look quite
attractive and last for ever, I have one such holding up a
front-door porch canopy and it looks good covered in sweet peas.

--
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°¹