Old 18-04-2003, 01:08 AM
Alex R

Default pH fluctuations? GH drift?

"linda mar" wrote in message

the tap when left out for over 24 hours, the pH reads about 7.8... we

think
the municipal water department adds something to make the pH artificially
high... the tank pH is lower than the tap (even after left out for

several
days). probably because of the fish and the bog wood and stuff...

How do you know it's 7.8? Do you have a high-range pH test kit? I've never
heard of the water utility adding something other than bicarbonate to raise
the pH. Why add something else when bicarbonate would do the job?

Also, I think a large water change is the most beneficial thing you can do
right now. I wouldn't hold it off any longer.
__
Alex