Old 05-12-2009, 08:59 AM
Boo Boo is offline
Registered User

Location: East Sussex, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardenjunkie View Post
How many of us real traditional gardeners are left?
You know the ones that save seeds ......

Who else will???
All the best
Gardenjunkie
Hi, great question!
Yes, I save seeds of everything I find, not just in my garden (Sussex, UK). I currently have 100 cuttings of this years pelargoniums in my greenhouse. And I manure and dig every bed every year.

Can you beat this for a top tip...? I needed to find income in the winter, as my client's gardens are put to bed, and I remove a lot of waste. As I do this, I put anything that I want a cutting of into a separate bag, and then bring it home and pot it up. I intend to have a stall at a garden fete in the spring with my booty!

This reminds me of an old boy I was queueing next to in a packed garden centre at the till, in the height of summer, I said "It's busy in here today", he said "Well, summer gardeners, (ie, "some are" gardeners)!" Brilliant! It amazes me how many people appear in the place in the summer. In the winter I am MORE busy in my garden, than in the summer.

I go into my greenhouse every day just in case I missed something exciting yesterday!

Nice to hear from a traditionalist.

Boo.