Old 06-12-2009, 03:22 AM posted to rec.gardens
Paul Paul is offline

Default Catus

ok guys, ok. :-) It is a cactus. For a minute there I couldn't figure what
you were talking about.

Paul O.

--
Paul O.
"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
zxcvbob wrote:
Paul wrote:
Last summer when I planted a catus I welled up the dirt around it.
Now I'm wondering, since we are expecting some rain here in So. Cal.
over the next week and possibly a pretty good rainy season, if I
should fill in around the catus and make it so water runs off more
naturally so it does not get to much water soaking in? Will the dirt
filled in, which will cover probably about the first 3 inches of the
catus stalk out of the ground hurt it? Thanks.

Are you talking about a cactus, such as Opuntia imbricata, or a
housecat (Felis catus)?

Bob

I have found that when you plant a catus it is a good idea to put some
heavy rocks on top to ensure that the canis doesn't disinter it and bring
it home.

David