Old 06-12-2009, 08:09 PM posted to aus.gardens

Default The most extraordinary scientific detective story.

Jonthe Fly wrote:
"Al Gore likes to say that mankind puts 70 million tons of carbon
dioxide into the atmosphere every day. What he probably doesn't know
is that mother nature puts 24,000 times that amount of our main
greenhouse gas -- water vapor -- into the atmosphere every day, and
removes about the same amount every day. While this does not 'prove'
that global warming is not manmade, it shows that weather systems
have by far the greatest control over the Earth's greenhouse effect,
which is dominated by water vapor and clouds."
There are none so blind than those who will not see.
Also: Those who think they know everything, upset those who do.
Taken from this, (shortly be discredited by ***) website
http://www.middlebury.net/op-ed/global-warming-01.html

The role of water vapour in the issue *is* considered by climate scientists
and this simplistic view that there is a great deal of it and it is natural
therefore there is no anthropogenic climate change is wrong. As I have been
saying for some time you blokes should do your own research, it is not hard
to find the rebuttal for this. You are not going to find climate scientists
red-faced saying "duh we never thought of that".

I don't have time to participate in an endless game of ninepins where you
two (or three or howmany) set 'em up I knock 'em down. The pattern is
getting too boring and the point has been made. As somebody observed
already this is fairly off topic for aus.gardens although one would hope the
residents are interested. If you still want to debate this with somebody
try some of the climate change blogs.

I have a possible explanation for why you will not research both sides of
the issues. An opinion firmly held that was acquired by non-rational means
cannot be changed by rational means.

Now I have to get out and work before it gets too hot.

David