Old 07-12-2009, 07:28 PM
beccabunga beccabunga is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by K View Post
Lovely scent and good for attracting bees.
[/i][/color]
I don't have to wash after pruning Datura, but I did get a rash from
Euphorbia last summer. So for me it's not as irritant as Euphorbia.
(It's not as irritant as bosenberry come to that). But people vary
immensely in what they are sensitive to and to what extent.

Various Daturas are used to produce hallucinogenic effects, so I
wouldn't advise eating it.
--
Kay
Even breathing the scent of Datura can have an effect on the brain.

Euphorbia can be incredibly dangerous. I know one florist who was temporarily blinded after handling it. She still has problems years later.