Old 07-12-2009, 05:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Part_No Part_No is offline

Default Well rotted horse manure question

Hello all
I have been lucky enough to get a ton(ish) of 3year old horse muck, and
much more if I want.

I live in North Lincolnshire and my soil is light

When should I dig it in? or should I?
Trying to grow veg. NOT flowers and shrubs.

There are differences of opinion on t'net, some say if I do it now all or
most of the "goodness" will be washed away during winter, others say do it
now.

It looks like soil and smells like it too btw, and it's a very dark brown
colour that I think "black gold" people liken it to is a good description.

Thanks for reading.
Part_No