Old 07-12-2009, 06:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge[_2_] Rusty Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default Damn villains

Bob Hobden wrote:

"Rusty Hinge" wrote
Bob Hobden wrote:
Went down the allotment site yesterday for a few veg for dinner and
was confronted by the site of all the sheds on the site being broken
into, doors or what's left of them flapping in the breeze. To get to
the sheds they had smashed rabbit fences and gates. Luckily with no
shed we only had big footprints in the soft earth were I had already
dug as they walked across our plot.
Luckily I spotted a cache of stuff hidden by the gates and took it
home after advising the Police.
Spent the rest of the day dealing with the Police, a SOCO, putting
notices on all sheds for the Police, and advising as many plotholders
as I could by phone or personally. Still today I've had to go down to
the site again.
Yet the Council can't give me contact details of all the plotholders
because of Data Protection!!!

Yes they can! Jobsworths...

Well it turns out that the Council themselves have now made contact or
left messages for all the other plot holders, saves me a job. I have
also been able to get the details of some that have contacted me for
future reference.
The Police have now proved to be a bunch of .......... because they told
one plot holder that each shed has to go down as separate crimes whereas
I was given a number for all the site which they were all to quote so
they could all be linked, they then said they knew nothing about me
having found stuff when I'd given them a list and their SOCO had been
round and fingerprinted it. I despair some times.
Strangely only the petrol Strimmer and the petrol Generator (?) have
been claimed so far so it look like I might gain stuff.
I think they were disturbed. Looking at the site today and the
footprints they appear to have been collecting stuff on the plot by the
main gates as they went through each shed, the cache I found.
A shed near our plot which is also next to our only neighbouring
property had a Cultivator in it that wasn't moved despite the shed being
broken into, that neighbour breeds some large dogs (Dogue de Bordeaux)
so perhaps they started barking and frightened them off. They would put
the fear of God into anyone in the dark, especially when they bark on mass.
Anyway, looks like damage was the only outcome.
They will be back though IDC, guaranteed.

Get some luminous paint (or better, reflective), and arrange some 'eyes'
around the area...

I'm afraid mantraps are no longer allowed, and deep holes (with sharp
stakes at the bottom) covered with twigs are onsidered a hazard by Elfin
Safety.

--
Rusty