View Single Post
  #11   Report Post  
Old 07-12-2009, 10:03 PM

First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Nov 2009

Sounds like there's a lot of trad' gardeners out there.

Each unto his own, an indoor plant can give real pleasure, just as much a 200foot garden. Its all in the eye of the beholder.

So we all enjoy some form of gardening one way or another.

Now me, I'm just passionate about gardening, especially propagating, so is my dear wife, sorry Head Gardener. We live, eat and breath gardening.
We spend hour upon hour in our garden, weather permitting. If the weather's to bad you will find us in our greenhouses, polytunnel or potting sheds.
Come evenings the Head Gardener plans ahead, for the coming spring, summer and through to autumn. She decides what plants will go in our pots, hanging baskets, troughs and window boxes for the coming season as we have now planted up, and sold most, of the winter pots, troughs and hanging baskets.

Me, I spend most evenings sending email orders to suppliers and sorting the accounts. Yup I even enjoy that, virtual gardening!

As for holidays. We visit nurseries, gardening suppliers and manufactures looking for gardening goodies.

So if you know of a good trad' nursery in your area, ones that sell plants not trinkets and goodies, please let me know as they seem harder to find every year.

Can't wait for tomorrow, weather forecast is mainly dry, but cold. Another glorious day in the garden.

All the best
Gardenjunkie
S. E. England