Old 08-12-2009, 06:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
R[_5_] R[_5_] is offline

Default Playing catch-up

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Rusty Hinge" wrote
Bob Hobden wrote:
"Rusty Hinge" wrote ..
Got fahsands of headers to look at, so if you wonder why I'm replying
to items with whishers...

You been away then? Anywhere nice?

No - box went woobly, then Zetnet seems to have died and their suport
number had a recorded message on the end of it saying (essentially)
"Sod-off - we're busy coping with the mess we've made" and then cutting
off the line.

So, found another ISP (Paston) and am in a steep learning-curve in an
all-Linux environment.

Funny enough we have a new PC (Windows 7) and I was thinking of setting
the old XP one up as full Open Source, i.e. Ubantu OS etc. just to see the
difference.

Bob,
Ubuntu is a breeze to set up. It's quirky fun and I enjoy dabbling with
different OS's just for the fun of it.

Have 2 XP boxes here networked with the newest Ubuntu running alongside and
an XP lappy (work one) and they all "Talk" to each other without a lot of
hassle.

Have a go........