Old 08-12-2009, 04:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Damn villains

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"mark" wrote

What a sad and dreary state of affairs....
I can imagine (well, I probably can't actually) the kind of responses you
might have had some 65 years ago when "dig for victory" was all the
rage.
Where it actually made sense to cultivate some land in and around cities.
That time may well be coming again...!!
On the other hand, it is a sad indictment that there are some people in
our midst that feel they need to destroy this approach by stealing what
is probably tools not worth huge sums of money (..I know....they can be
expensive) that when sold to produce a 'profit' is then, most likely
spent on drugs. The disruption is enormous for what might be viewed
(..by the Police?) as a trivial offence.
It certainly isn't.
I despair at times at where we have taken our society that brings us such
total disregard for others... I fight a constant battle to remain
positive about humans and humanity and, if I may say so, I find in this
small NG alone where the spirit of helping others remains positive and
practical and encouraging.
By the way, ba hoo to the Police (and all those others who hide behind
the Data Protection Act - a new phenomenon that has become *******ised to
suit whatever ends the data holder wishes to achieve)who are unable to
distinguish between assisting the community and honest genuine citizens,
in this case, the owners of the sheds on the allotment, and those with
ulterior intent, for the information to be shared with other owners of
sheds/allotments.
I'm also surprised you actually saw a Policeman..... best I've ever had
is a crime reference number from a civilian answering the phone in a call
centre.........phwewh, I'm starting to sound soooo cynical!
good luck in all you have to do..

I always say I won't let the buggers get me down. They aren't worth it. We
just try to organise our life to outwit the idiots, it's not that
difficult.
I didn't see a Policeman only a SOCO in civvies and a plain white van.
When my Landrover was stolen a few years back I never saw a Policeman and
only had them phone me twice, once was to tell me a member of the public
had found it in Slough. When it was broken into this year I had 2 x 2 come
round here and numerous phone calls so I think they are getting better at
PR.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Never really had much time and certainly no respect whatsoever for the
Police on the Isle of Wight. (Could write a book of examples) ..............

HOWEVER, full marks. TEN Brownie points etc for ..........

http://www.bracknell-forest.gov.uk/c...crime-menu.pdf

--
Mike

www.rneba.org.uk