Old 07-12-2009, 11:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Christina Websell[_2_] Christina Websell[_2_] is offline

Default Secure storage

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , Christina Websell
writes
But it does not apply if your shed door/window was not open, surely?
If your shed is broken into it's nothing to do with open back doors. I
have
a notice on my back gate "dogs running free inside - do not enter"
It would be a foolish burglar that tried to break into my shed or try and
take my rare breed poultry. Or indeed try and enter my house through the
open back door..

Tina

Hmm what about the burglar who sued the householder after he climbed over
a wall and got bitten in the back garden of the house? He said he was
merely 'looking for his cat'

Isn't it a bit like saying
Beware house owner might do serious harm to burglars entering premises for
unlawful reasons?

I can only say it works for me. 20+ years of door open with big dogs with
ears open.
No burglars ever, no trespassers in garden.