Old 08-12-2009, 10:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Damn villains

On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 16:27:34 GMT, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

In my view it's ridiculous to lay all the blame on the thieves . You
can bet, few of them steal tools to use in their own garden.

I can't agree with that.

Who are all those keen gardeners today who provide ready cash for
cheap secondhand garden and DIY tools, garden ornaments and furniture,
tubs and hanging baskets
of no known provenance, no questions asked at the car boot sale? If
there was no market for them, garden shed contents would be of little
interest to thieves.

I agree there. I would never buy garden tools etc from a car boot sale
for that very reason.

Pam in Bristol