Old 11-12-2009, 12:39 AM posted to rec.gardens
mleblanca mleblanca is offline

Default Storm

On Dec 9, 11:14 pm, madgardener wrote:
On Dec 9, 7:52 am, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

The message

from madgardener contains these words:

I took the dog with me to the

post office and the bottom fell out
three times in fifteen minutes.

Hi Maddie.. curious minds have to know; fell out of what, and was
it your bottom or the dog's?

Or does a bottom mean something else there

Janet ( rained on in Scotland)

ROFLMAO...................you got me there, Janet. Sugar dawg went
with me to the post office, the "bottom fell out"
meant that the clouds opened up and it tipped down, or thumped as me
English husband says frequently.....gbseg
BTW..........HOWDY JANET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (maddie waving across the
pond) how is it there in yer neck o' the woods girl??
send me updates on life. would love to get a holler from yew.
madgardener gardening in zone 7b and watching the thick frost
accumulate on everything outside tonight (lows supposed to be 19°)

Hi Ladies
The bottom fell out means that it rained so hard that it was as if
"the
bottom fell out" of a bucket full of water. Sploosh! Now that's a hard
rain!

Yes I'm glad to see you too, Janet. Have been wondering what you
were up to. Last night was warmer here, Cloud cover. But today was
cold and barely got to low 40's. Tomorrow should bring some rain
(Maybe) if El Nino comes across with some warmer air and some
moisture. We surely do need it.

Emilie
NorCal