Old 12-12-2009, 09:24 AM posted to rec.gardens
Higgs Boson Higgs Boson is offline

Default Dwarf citrus blooming

Yo, amigas y amigos - I have had terrible luck with dwarf citrus
over the years (decades?). Finally got one that may make it, I hope I
hope. As soon as I put it in the ground (I am skilled transplanter)
it bloomed profusely. I was happy. All the blooms fell off. I was
UNhappy. I fed it and cared for it, and now -- about a year later
-- it is blooming again.
But in So. Calif coastal, that seems like a weird time to bloom.
Usually, AFAIK, the oranges are ready for harvest in "winter".
Anybody fill me in on what's happening - what I should be doing, or
not doing?

TIA