Old 09-12-2009, 10:26 PM posted to aus.gardens
0tterbot 0tterbot is offline

Default What is this plant????

"0tterbot" wrote in message
"Susan O" wrote in message

Any help would be great.
Does anyone know if this is a plant, a weed or whatever.
It came out of a pot I bought at a yard sale with a frangipani in.
It grows pretty quick. I have no idea what it is.
I can not find a picture of it anywhere.
Thanks.

it looks a lot like love-lies-bleeding, from what i recall - you might
want to check a picture of that to cross-check.

failing that, the tops resemble amaranth (although the leaves don't seem
to) but it might be in the family.
kylie

having consulted my elderly copy of "100 beautiful flowers" (not all of
which actually are ;-) love-lies-bleeding is itself in the amaranth
(amaranthus) family! so i'd say for sure it's some type of amaranth you've
got there.
kylie