Old 09-12-2009, 10:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Brian Mitchell Brian Mitchell is offline

Default electric chainsaw

Rusty Hinge writes:

Hmmm. Firewood!

Yes. Do they burn well?

Back in the late 1950s we (Emerson Park Tree Felling Company) used a 36"
Pioneer - up trees in excess of 150 ft...

Heroic! I was thinking in terms of a 16" about 9 or 10ft up at the most.
The folk who come by to trim around the power lines seem to swing about
quite happily with largeish petrol driven machines in hand. No doubt
they're trained.

Elfin Safety'd have a fit now! Nor did we have leggings, jackets,
helmets, etc. Goggles and leather gloves, ropes, tackle and so-on, yes.

I don't think these handy accesories are de rigeur if you are using a
power saw on your own property, yourself...

I have a lot of that stuff. Not leggings, though. Are they sexy, like chaps?

brian mitchell