Old 11-12-2009, 12:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge[_2_] Rusty Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default electric chainsaw

Aries wrote:

A question Charlie - wouldn't cutting such tall leylandii down that much
kill it off altogether? I ask that question as we too have a very tall
leylandii hedge running around part of our property and I hate it - makes me
feel rather claustrophobic

I know my name's not Charlie, but there's a lad called Charlie down the
road, so I'll answer on his behalf.

Cut off all the grennery from most, if not all coniferous trees will
kill them. Generally if not always, conifers only grow from the bits
with foliage. The only exception I can think of offhand is yew, which
technically, is a conifer,

--
Rusty