Old 11-12-2009, 12:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge[_2_] Rusty Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default electric chainsaw

Brian Mitchell wrote:
writes:

You're bonkers. Get a 30" bow saw...

My usual instinct is to use hand tools but I seem to have reached the
age where not very much reciprocal motion wrecks my elbow rather soon.
There's eighteen of these trees. However, given the warnings so far, I
may think about doing the felling as you suggest and use a chainsaw to
reduce them once they're down.

Admittedly, age isn't everything, but in three months I'm seventy. I
still use hand tools in preference in the garden. I have a petrol power
saw an an electric one. I haven't used either for at least two years,
and my house is almost entirely heated by wood fires.

--
Rusty