Old 11-12-2009, 09:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Muddymike Muddymike is offline

Default electric chainsaw

"Rusty Hinge" wrote in message
Aries wrote:

A question Charlie - wouldn't cutting such tall leylandii down
that much
kill it off altogether? I ask that question as we too have a
very tall
leylandii hedge running around part of our property and I hate
it - makes me
feel rather claustrophobic

I know my name's not Charlie, but there's a lad called Charlie
down the road, so I'll answer on his behalf.

Cut off all the grennery from most, if not all coniferous trees
will kill them. Generally if not always, conifers only grow
from the bits with foliage. The only exception I can think of
offhand is yew, which technically, is a conifer,

Here is one I did earlier
http://share.ovi.com/media/Muddymike...uddymike.10669

It stayed like that for many years and even became a landmark for
car "treasure hunt" rallies.

Mike