Old 11-12-2009, 01:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°¹ ®óñ©  ©  ²°¹°-°¹ is offline

Default electric chainsaw

On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 08:52:13 +0000, Aries
wrote:

The Leylandii hedge we have here is around 12 feet tall in places and
there's a lot of it going around one side and the end of our garden. I
would love to either cut it down to say 6 feet or take it out altogether and
plant evergreen shrubs in their place. Let me confirm what you're saying -
if we cut them down by half will that kill them altogether ?

Some time ago new neighbours next door inherited a 16' (at least)
Leylandii hedge all around their back garden.
On one joyous day the hedge was viciously reduced to about 7'.
A couple of odd plants died but most survived. They are clipped and
topped off at 7' twice a year and seem reasonably happy/healthy.

--
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°¹