Old 11-12-2009, 05:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
countymayo.j countymayo.j is offline

Default electric chainsaw

On 2009-12-10 13:23:50 +0000, Charlie Pridham
said:

In article ,
says...
On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 20:50:59 -0000, Charlie Pridham wrote:

I have a Bosch (40-18S)and it tackles quite big stuff if the blade is
sharpe, it is light and easy to use. I am not keen on using it off the
ground, but it would be quite happy to take out a 20 foot lylandii
cutting at around chest height, be a good idea to get someone to control
the tree coming down with a rope.

A question Charlie - wouldn't cutting such tall leylandii down that much
kill it off altogether? *I ask that question as we too have a very tall
leylandii hedge running around part of our property and I hate it - makes me
feel rather claustrophobic

Yes :~)))

Go for it, would be my solution. *I hate the damned things when grown
in the wrong place. *I had a big, green, boring, claustrophobic slab of
them in my previous garden. *When they came down I truly preferred
drive and walk by villagers peering into the garden I was making. *It
led to many interesting chats. *Normally, I hate to see trees felled,
it's a horrible thing to me. * I could have danced the "death to
leylandii" dance the day those came down!

I'd love to but I have to persuade Tony first !
--
What other people think of you is none of your business.http://ariesval.co.uk/val/

That won't be difficult Val, one of your cakes should just about do
it :-)

Judith