Old 11-12-2009, 09:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default A good day.

On 2009-12-11 16:02:12 +0000, "Bob Hobden" said:

"Muddymike" wrote...
Its been a lovely sunny day here in North Yorkshire which coincided
with me using up one remaining day of annual holiday. Home alone, well
me and the dog, I decided to have a good tidy up which then led to one
of my favourite garden activities a great big bonfire. I have
accumulated masses of prunings etc. over the last few months but just
have not had the free time with the wind in the right direction to burn
it all. What better way of spending a couple of hours on a cold day
that tending a bonfire.

The yews next to the drive I heavily pruned (cut about 15 feet off one)
3 years back are now nice and bushy and just right for some festive
lighting. So last job of the day, trail lights on 3 yews along the
drive, run power cables to garage, and set up old immersion timer to
switch them on and off.

Can't wait for it to get dark so I can see the effect.

Put the lights at the front of our house, over the wisteria, today. Now
the neighbours will all know it's Christmas. Some have already
commented that I'm late this year. Also put the tree up indoors and
decorated it so we really are ready now. Haven't trees gone up in price
this year.

8' Norwegian thingy was £14.80 from a local farm. I don't know what
others charge.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com