Old 11-12-2009, 10:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default A good day.

"Sacha" wrote ...
Aries said:
Sacha wrote:

8' Norwegian thingy was £14.80 from a local farm. I don't know what
others charge.

Wow! I think that was a very reasonable price for a tree of that size

I think the 'ordinary' trees, like ours, were £1.80 per foot. I saw
someone closer to Torquay sellling Nordman's 'from' £30, however!

Round here a Nordman of 7ft costs £35.00 and that is the Farm Shop not the
expensive places. I understand the Scandinavians have sent their trees
somewhere else in Europe this year so there is a shortage and that coupled
with the rise of the Euro against the £ has made them expensive this year.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden