Old 12-12-2009, 06:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Christina Websell[_2_] Christina Websell[_2_] is offline

Default Interesting

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message
T...
In article ,
says...

wrote in message
Dave Hill wrote:
I go back to basics and just use peanuts

Peanut butter is less likely to roll off, and harder for them to nick
without setting off the trap.

I prefer to use a catch alive trap so they can be released. Why is it
necessary to kill them?

Tina

Seems kind hearted but it isn't really, where do you release them? too
close and the are back the same day, to far and its either territory with
no food supply or its taken, either way they starve. especially as by now
they will have established their winter food stashes (mostly from your
cupboards!)
But I can see where you are coming from, they are cute and most of the
year not too much trouble

I am probably lucky as I have a very big garden. Mice released 150 yds away
didn't come back as they had lots of hawthorn berries to eat and stuff like
that.
A cat has adopted me, so no mice in the house unless suicidal. They used to
get into the special cupboard I kept for my wild bird food, no chance now.

The cat throws me a mouse now and again "did you want this for your tea?"

Tina