Old 13-12-2009, 10:16 PM posted to aus.gardens
terryc terryc is offline

Default OT; glass top tables shattering

On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 23:33:36 +0800, tony wrote:

On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 14:13:03 +0000 (UTC), terryc
wrote:

Not strictly garden related, unless you are like us and have a "garden
table" for cuppas, etc.

Has anyone heard of these just randomly shattering?

Yes, there were quite a few cases reported on various curent affairs
programs a couple of months ago.

Thanks. Neighbour's has just randomly shattered apparently. They couldn't
find any "missile" and when I looked at the frame that was left, there
was no "padding" in it and as I've seem glass in other metal frames
shatter from metal intrusions, I did wonder. This one got full sun each
day, to charge the glowing frog/etc garden lights {:-), so there would
have been some expansion movement.