Old 16-12-2009, 11:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sally Thompson[_4_] Sally Thompson[_4_] is offline

Default Interesting

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 11:02:12 +0000, wrote
(in article ):

Brian~ wrote:
Since the weather turned cooler, Ive had an influx of field mice into the
house. They have been munching on the cereals that my wife stores in the
cupboard under the stairs.

We've just had a letter from environmental health saying they want to
come and 'inspect our premises', presumably because next door have mice
in their house and they're blaming our chickens.

The interesting thing is, we have had chickens every year since we
moved in 6 years ago, and we only got the chickens in the spring, but
we haven't had any for 6 weeks now (after trapping 3).

The chickens are penned in (now - they were free range originally, but
they kept wandering into next door's garden), they and their food are
closed in at night (a mouse could probably get in, but it should be well
enough sealed to keep rats out) and their food is now laced with chilli
powder.

Ho hum. Should be a fun invasion of our privacy to look forward to ...

Do they feed wild birds next door? A friend had an influx of rats which were
the result of their bird feeders.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Posted through uk.rec.gardening