Old 16-12-2009, 08:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia[_4_] Ophelia[_4_] is offline

Default Snow! (and chickens)

"Martin Brown" wrote in message
Ophelia wrote:
lol I love it) Did it live with your others from then on?

Yes. It was called "little black hen". It was happier roosting in trees
rather than the henhouse though. Much lighter and a lot more athletic than
the other birds could fly about 10' into the air from a standing start! I
think it liked the easier living since it didn't run away from us the next
summer. But it liked to roost in the conker tree.

Athletic indeed

All black and I never did figure out what breed it was. I thought it would
be a bit cheeky going round to the neighbour and asking (they had a flock
of hundred in several varieties).

) Did you get eggs from her?