Old 16-12-2009, 10:29 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Wildbilly Wildbilly is offline

Default Monsanto

In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

gunner wrote:
"Gary Woods" wrote in message
"Steve Peek" wrote:

The real problem is that when you grow your open pollinated corn
downwind of
the frankinstein corn, your seed becomes tainted. You should be
able to sue
Monsanto for damages.

You've got it backwards. You'll get sued for having Monsanto's
patented genes in your crop.
I'm not making this up.
Google "Percy Schmeiser."

Just curious to know if you have ever read the Court decisions ?

Not in the original but my understanding is that Schmeiser was found to have
infringed Monsanto's patent by knowingly growing GM plants without paying
monsanto's license. Is that right?

David

Want to go messin' up a nice clean narrative, huh? Well, I kicked the
topic around with a couple of biologists and they thought that GMO soy
would have been pretty hard not to recognize, so Schmeiser may have
known that he had something different. Did he knowingly plant GMO soy?
He is known to be a seed saver, so there is the possibility that his
field was cross pollinated by someone else's GMO crop. Apparently,
ownership follows the patented genes. If the genes show up in you, for
example, you would be, technically, the property of the Monsanto
Corporation. It just gets curiouser and curiouser, here in the rabbit
hole.
--
³When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the poor have no food, they call you a communist.²
-Archbishop Helder Camara

http://tinyurl.com/o63ruj
http://countercurrents.org/roberts020709.htm