Old 17-12-2009, 12:22 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Cold!

On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 16:52:59 EST, Jim Elbrecht wrote:

I should put a digital thermometer in my pond-- have you mentioned
what you have in yours?

Jim

I have a Springfield, but apparently it is hard now to find long wired
probes? The probe goes in the pond and hooks to 1 unit and then it is
wireless to the unit in the house. Apparently one has to buy an actual
"pond" one and you know how that adds to the price and the probe wire isn't
very long, like 3 feet. If you want to know what the bottom temp is, and
your pond is 3' or more that means the sensor is right at the edge of the
pond, not a good place for it to be. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us