Old 17-12-2009, 07:01 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
gunner gunner is offline

Default Monsanto

"Steve Peek" wrote in message

"gunner" wrote in message

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
gunner wrote:
"Gary Woods" wrote in message
"Steve Peek" wrote:

It's my understanding that Schmeiser changed crops and when he was unable
to control the weeds (read Monsanto rape plants) sued Monsanto and won.
Steve

Percy lost his 2001 Federal trial and the 2004 Appeal because he infringed
on patent rights. He was afforded some relief in that lawsuit from paying
"Usage" damages in that round.

I understand in 2008, Percy asked Monsanto to clear his land of RR plants
but did not want to sign a clause in Monsanto's Volunteer Plant removal
program so he sued for 10m$ (CA).

I believe Percy settled out of court for ~600$ and a no gag order.

I do not know of the actual clause Percy objected to. My Internet is not
accessing certain servers this morning for some odd reason, but I will try
to find and read it.